Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Micro Processors - |_ O \/ E 'em

One of the subjects that made me feel that my engineering was worth the penny, prior to which i thought that this engineering was a mere waste of time, energy and resources (if done in Tamil Nadu). So what makes me love this subject? The very fact that my computers, printers and mobile phones contain this wonderful thing called processors and with ads on dual, quad, etc cores and the prospect of studying them and understanding their architecture is something that certainly makes me go gaagaa over them. So what is a microprocessor? It is essentially a computer on a micro chip, capable of taking care of the memory operations, arithmetic and logical operations. A processor that has been included in our purview of study is 8085/86 which were from Intel. The 8085 is an eight-bit microprocessor introduced by Intel in 1977.

Von Neumann architecture is followed by 8085, with a 8 bit and a 16 bit data bus. It had all the features like the clock generator, system controller, thus increasing the level of system integration.

Oh my goodness, i never wanted to go into its technical details, so let me stop writing about them, however i was then in a very excited state that i wanted to write bout this for some unknown reason and i shall leave it here....(tired and i need a good sleep now, so bye)

No comments: